Pleased to meet you all!

ack ack

I've been reading allowed topics on your forum for several weeks and have just had a very positive visit from Northumbria Police Fitearms Licencing Dept. Should get my shotgun cert within the next week. Seeking a good quality shotgun for pigeon , rough shooting. I have viewed Beretta and Ceasar Guerini so far. 28" or 30 " barrells? The sport has such a wide and varied option. Any dvice would be welcomed. Pleased to be able to access the forum.

Thanks for all your resposes and welcomes. I'm still pondering what to get but it sure is an immense but fascinating subject. I'll keep watching the forum from up here in the North East which is unusually sunny today. Just a thought, when crop fields have just been cut do pigeons feed on the stubble?

Thanks again

Just returned from a trip to Aberdeen and picked up your kind invite. Much appreciated. I'm expecting to receive my cert. in the post any day now and will then pick up a shotgun. To date I've only shot rabbits with a .22 weirauch 100 air rifle up to 40 yds. but have used shotguns and rifles up to 7.62 calibre for other reasons e.g. disposed of two bulls on two separate occassions, legally using 180 grain 7.62 (interesting!). What sort of range would you reasonably expect to cleanly shoot rabbits with a 12g using a no. 6 or other suitable cartridge? (That's assuming the shooter is competent of course). Thanks again for the reply.