Buddy bottle bipod

Paladin

Bought a Harris S type bipod at the Midland Game fair for my Mk 1 Rapid 7, could'nt find a bottle mount there, so I set about making my own.

I wanted something that did'nt look like an exhaust clamp, :( so a piece of banding that can be found in most skips looked as if it might fit the bill. ;)

For my bottle I cut a piece 180mm long, trimed each end to fit inside the harris sling clamp i.e. 9mm by about 15mm long put a radius on the end and a drilled a 3mm hole in each end, bent about 10mm of the ends to about 45 deg. ( L ) then bent the banding to fit around the bottle. This can now be removed and fitted onto the two small nipples on the harris sling clamp, slid over the bottle to the position that you require and then tighten up the knurled ****. I did use a hard rubber pad at the front and back of the mount so you may have to add or subtract from the 180mm to suit your bottle or cylinder. At the end of the day it cost me nowt and it works. :hmm::lol:

see dr bob on rapid 7 forum for these...they usually come with a allen head bolt but when you need to swap bottles in the field ya need to carry an allen key..mine dont i made a brass nut which can just be finger tight and a stainless threaded bar to fit made it at work when had some spare time...heres the pic

23092008347.jpg

Edited by SPARKIE

The slimline lightweight Acme bipod cylinder bracket Mark 1 or me clamp. This is the clamp I made after I came back from the Midland Game fair with a new bipod and no means of fitting it so I had a rummage and found some banding strip.post-11568-1222197485.jpg post-11568-1222197168.jpg The Harris bipod has a knurled adjuster underneath that pulls the strip through the base of the sadle that the cylinder sits on to, so it dont look like an exhaust clamp. It could be transfered to other sizes of cylinders on other guns with the use of diferent lengths of strapping.

Used it for the first time Monday night so far so good. :hmm:

Hope this helps.

Necessity the mother of invention. :lol: