What is your favourite sausage?

malkiserow

I make my own - we make all the burgers, chicken nuggets etc,and sausages sold in our catering operation. All from British ingredienst from local suppliers and no rubbish ingredients.

I have a sausage stuffer - expensive to buy initially but we do make nearly as many as some butchers. Black Pudding as well!

I take a flask full of sausages as tasters to shoots where I beat and pick up then bring the orders to the next shoot!!

A very nice sausage- The Great British Banger- no rusk, just coarse cut Pork (shoulder) with thyme, sage, nutmeg and salt - fresh herbs are best and better flavour.

Try making your own its not rocket science - if they dont taste nice change the recipe - there are loads of sites on the net for ingredients etc.

Im gong to try cold and hot smokng some sausages next- chicken may benefit from the process- and Ill use some stuffing instead of rusk as well.

Nick

'Breakfast sausage' from my local farm shop.Has normal sausy meat plus bacon and black pudding! Wonderful! :yes:

Holy Mother that sounds amazing! :oops:

As for a favourite - simple well-seasoned pork every time. A course mixture of pork and rusk with a generous pinch of white pepper, freshly ground black pepper and mace.

:hmm:

LS

This is the same farm shop which is also breeding crocodiles so no doubt they will be making their way into a sausage sometime! :hmm: