Argocat

SidneyG

Thought I'd give you guys a chance before I put this on ebay next week...

Argocat Vanguard2 6x6 approx year of manufacture 1998. A brilliant shooting vehicle. Very low surface damage from the 6 flotation tyres. Turns on the spot. Have even thrown a cammo net over the roll cage and used it as a mobile hide! worked well too!

Vtwin briggs and stratton vanguard, uprated to bigfoot spec 18 hp motor. electric and pull start

Roll cage with padding to avoid gun damage

Lightforce 170 with T handle

Front and rear lights. Also dim red front lights for stealthing about!

Seats up to four

New drive chains and tyres earlier this year. Brand new battery 1 month ago.

Double gun rack next to driver, yoke gun rest for passenger.

External speaker for electronic callers.

Eveything working well. Starts first time eveytime. Clenas up really well. Only known problem is two holes on bottom of plastic body. These would need patches plastic welded in (or perhaps fibreglass??) before amphibious use.

Expensive piece of kit, new 6x6 is around 6-7 thousand!

Dont confuse this with the really old 8x8's that turn up on ebay, this has double (duplex) drive chains and gydraulic brakes. Really good machines, and a reluctant sale.

Will let this go for £1900 ono

DSC_0780Medium.jpg

Better pics to follow...

Everything is working as it should, but this is a used machine so sold as seen.

Ive got an old shoulder injury thats flaring up, its quite a big lift and puts a lot of strain on it when I haul myself out of my wheelchair into the argo. Toying with the idea of going back to a quad as its a lot easier for me to get onto. No where near as usefull tho unfortunately.

Edited by SidneyG

It sure is, all those scottish estates and stalkers cant be wrong! Probably the most fun lamping vehicle Ive ever used, with 1 person and shotgun standing in rear, passenger with shotgun in front, and driver operating the T handle its a bunny bashing gunship!!

• 9 months later...
sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but is this still for sale?

thanks in advance

Mike R

If it isn't and you're in the market I have a 2006 8x8 argocat for sale pm for details or only up the road have a look see

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...