Jaguar 2.0 diesel

wingnut

Must be getting old, i have been looking at an X type Jag diesel, , from what i have read there seem to be conflicting reports about them.

Seems to be like marmite, you either love em or hate em.

Any body had one of these.

Does any body know of any specific problems relating to these cars?

It is an 04 plate 51,000 miles with full Jag service history.

Your opinions please

regards Andy

My father has one.He loves it. Absolutely stonking car. Really underated. Brilliant on fuel, goes like stink, and even though its only the little Jag, everyone calls you Sir!! His 54 plate 2.0d sport has never missed a beat, and can be serviced by any ford garage, so service costs are very reasonable. If work commitments didnt dictate me needing a 4x4 an Xtype 2.0 or 2.2 diesel sport would be top of my list.

Just to add, before my disco I bought a BMW X5 just before My Dad bought his Jag, The X5 cost half as much again as the little jag, but after going in it I was very jealous and wanted one!

Edited by SidneyG

2.5 petrol very nice

Looked at the 2d fully loaded nice to drive and better MPG...even had a proper phone in the rear compartment and one in the top of the arm centre console but had a grey leather interior and we wanted cream so 2.5 petrol stayed.

People sometimes refer to it as the poor man jag..and the reply.... well have you got one..no

It is basically a ford with a new shell so the jag garage goes out of the window when you rack up the miles like we do, only prob we had was the i knocked the filler cap off and having an new one matched cost a forune (as all colour matching does)

Some idiot knocked the wing mirror and broke the clips that retain the glass so that was a new mechanism

In summary nice car, servicing costs ok as long as you dont use a main dealer but parts are body expensive

wouldnt know about engine parts as nothing has gone wrong and as far as i am aware the bits are the same as the mondeo?

I had the 3.0 litre X type. It was truly horrible.

I couldnt yet rid of it quick enough and it depreciated like no other car I have owned.

Some our friends have only just stopped call me "Arfur" (Daley) and humming the Minder theme tune - and that is 12 months after I owned it.

The only upside was that the one I had was four wheel drive so it never got stuck at a clay ground - unlike the Merc I have now.

--

My Dad has one - but he is 64 years old !!! His one has yo-yo'd back and forth to the Jag dealer with an ECU problem. He said that he would like to sell it but it has depreciated so fast that he cant face losing all the money he paid for it :rolleyes:

Edited by LV