SGC

DEL123

Hi all just a quick question,i'v heard of people getting a sgc but have no guns or cabinets was just wonder how they would go about getting this as i thought you need a secure cabinet for them to look at before they issue you wi your sgc,if someone could enlighten me it would be much appreciated.

I got my SGC when I was due to move house, therefore I didn't want to go through the hassle of fitting a cabinet then taking it out etc. I was issued my SGC with no problems. My guns are registered on a friends name who has SGC and cabinet.

For a long time (upto about 10 years ago) I had a SGC and no guns and no cabinet.

At the present moment in time my step-daughter has a SGC and no cabinet (her guns are at her father-in-laws and therefore also on his ticket, although she has no access to his cabinet without him being there) When she lived with me her guns were in my cabinet although she had no access to them without me opening the cabinet for her)

It may vary from area to area or even from individual case to individual case??

Phone up and discuss it with your FEO.

If you have another cabinet to put them in, you will probably be ok. But I dont think that FEO's are keen on issuing them if you have no intention of keeping your guns in a cabinet at all, unless you can prove that they will be secure in another way. A guy I know told me to just tell my FEO that I was going to break the gun apart and keep it hidden in separate parts of the house, but I wasn't too keen on this because if someone does break in, they my find a barrel or action while searching about, rather than finding the cabinet in the loft!

You can be issued a sgc,without a gun,this is just to say that in his oppinion you are of sound mind and intelligent enough to own a shotgun,but you must get a cabinet before you get a shottie,and the FAO will have to come to your house again to make sure you have fixed it properly to the wall,and when he is satisfied and give you the ok,then you can get your shottie,and place it in your cabinet and bobs your uncle.......... :oops:

I was issued my SGC with no problems. My guns are registered on a friends name who has SGC and cabinet.

This is just the very information I was looking for, my shooting friend has a SGC and is very happy for me to keep any shotgun at his house on his ticket. Would I be able to apply for a SGC, then when granted (hopefully :oops: ) I would have to add any shotgun I bought to both mine and my friends tickets?

Yes it has to be on your friends ticket as he has access to the shottie,also on yours as you own and use it.Then if you decide to get a cabinet of your own your FEO will want to take a look at it and give you the ok,they may want to check out your friends cabinet if you are keeping it there

Yes it has to be on your friends ticket as he has access to the shottie,also on yours as you own and use it.Then if you decide to get a cabinet of your own your FEO will want to take a look at it and give you the ok,they may want to check out your friends cabinet if you are keeping it there

Thanks sirusman, my friend has had his SGC for around 15years so I think it would be ok with the FEO without a visit but I might give him a ring to enquire.

Just a quick question that is related to this......... how would one go about sharing a cabinet in the same house? When im back in the UK ill have a SGC and a FAC, my brother is also looking to just getting a SGC........ would he then be able to share my cabinet? And access it whilst I am not there bearing in mind he wouldnt have a FAC?

I would say logically speaking he wouldnt be allowed but just wanted to check on here...........

Cheers,

Tim