bisley ranges

bignoel

went over bisley ranges for sighting my 222. was told i could book a range throu basc hire a range at £15 a hour joining fee of £60 . went into nara office an was told no joining fee is £235 . and they didnt know what basc was on about rang basc and was told go back in and mention it again throu basc .but got told just the same thing again . has something changed or am i doing something wrong ,noel

Bignoel,

You are doing it wrong. I found this out earlier in the year.

The £235 is the NRA trying to charge you for their probationary course. What you need to do is speak to BASC and get them to book your range for you. This is what we fell foul of this year.

It cannot be done on the day as the range office are full of jobsworths (their words not mine)

You should have been ablt to use the zero range on the day just by showing your membership card. It is however only 72 feet 7 inches in distance.

Any problems with this guys please call David Knolwes in the BASC South East office. He is our man in charge of the BASC rilfe club which lets BASC members shoot at Bisley without paying the higher fees.

David

hi i did speak to david knowles and did as i was told just hit a stop end in the office there at the nara. but i will try again maybe get david to book it for me this tmie.cheers noel

Noel, you need to fill in the form on the BASC site and send that back to them, they (BASC) have to book the range for you, you can't do it yourself.

This works, I have done it many times.

This is FREE to members, ask SACS if they do the same for their members :good:

The form is here:

http://www.basc.org.uk/content/bisley_range_daybookings