Anyone police or Armed police ?

Salop Matt

Just to put some background to the question I asked and why !

A coleague of mine was telling a couple of us the other day that her partner had joined the police and his 2 year probation period is up in february.

He last week completed a driving test for driving under emergency conditions and past with absolute top marks and has had a recomendation put in for him. He has now told his partner that for him to get onto the traffic team its a case of dead mans boots in this area but its his dream job. He`s told her the best way for him to do this is get into the firearms team so as part of the training he can do his advanced driving and pusuite driving. By him doing the driving courses it will practically allow him to walk into any vacant post on traffic !

I dont belive any of this for one moment, but never said anything as i dont want to upset anyone but wanted it confirming that this is as wrong as it sounds.

Also is there a set amount of time a officer can remain a fire arms officer or traffic officer ?

That sounds about right SS :welcomeani:

Sometimes you have to make yourself a bit more of a "catch" to a prospective department and one way is by them not having to pay for a course you already have.

As for how long you can stay in, as far as I'm aware, as long as you can pass the fitness/medical test every year, there's no reason to kick you off the dept.

P.

That sounds about right SS :yes:

Sometimes you have to make yourself a bit more of a "catch" to a prospective department and one way is by them not having to pay for a course you already have.

As for how long you can stay in, as far as I'm aware, as long as you can pass the fitness/medical test every year, there's no reason to kick you off the dept.

P.

:good: