00 buck

00 buck is a dangerous round & will carry a very long way, there are many documented cases of it killing people at over 100yds with a single pellet, they are almost 9mm in diameter so be carefull with them.

00 Buckshot is also used at PSG matches & scores on cardboard targets & with a little work on the right choke & load many would be surprised at the results you can get out to 45 yards, Remington make a nice reduced recoil 00 buck with only 8 pellets & is one of the best for pattern & acccuracy.

If you want extreme range the best by far is the Federal flitecontrol 00 buckshot & will hold a 5-6 inch pattern at 25yds with ease & will hold together in a much tighter pattern than standard 00 buck for a good 50 yds.

Just remember to have a safe backstop they are nothing like birdshot.

N

i always keep a box of oo buck (normally the sg type) about. its very useful for chopping large branches off trees! :good:

seriousley though, i have neoprene shell holders on both my shotguns, filled with buckshot. its a habit i got into when dogs were attacking lambs on us, means you just grab the gun and run, no scrabbling about for shells (ever notice how in a emergency you can only find 7.5's?). plus keeping some heavya mmo on hand is a good idea for a wide range of reasons, which im not going to go into here.... :good:

Oh I see, that's where I've been going wrong... Is .22 the recommended calibre then?

Would have thought buckshot would provide messier close range decapitations. :good:

Destroy the brain... before they eat yours!!!!! BRAAAAAIIIINNNNNS! BRAAAAIIIINNNNSSS!!! :mad:

SL

yep .22lr IS the recommended calibre for zombie invasions - have you not read the zombie survival guide??? :good:

you can carry thousands of rounds without tiring yourself too much, also the neglible recoil means you can blast zombie craniums all day without getting a sore shoulder :good::angry::mad:

Right, me and Cleaner for Hire have now tested some of these carts and I have the photos will try to get them up this week. we shot them through 3/4 choke at 10 strides , 20 strides, 30 strides and 35 strides.

Some time in the future i will run it again through a full choke and repeat the test.

:rolleyes: