FAC application help please

lowlander

Vermin control. (and long range for the .17, a stated above)

Don't forget that foxes aren't considered as vermin, so you will have to mention those separately if you're applying for a bigger gun.

Oh and there should be a permission form online, should you not have completed one (it's not necessary if your permission has already written something)

Good luck! :rolleyes:

EDIT: Don't forget to put down for expanding ammunition in the ammo section (just find room to squeeze it in) - you must request this ammo if you're shooting animals. Oh and a sound mod too!

Edited by harfordwmj

.22lr - Vermin control, and target shooting

.17HMR - Long range Vermin Control, Ground game and target shooting

Sound mods for both rifles - dont need a reason

Also if you intend on shooting foxes ask for a centre fire - if you have permission to shoot foxes, this good enough reason to hold a centrefire

i joined basc a year or so ago. had a sgc for about 5 years but only just applied for my fac about 5 weeks ago. i rang basc and the man there helped me fill mine out. they were very helpfull. just a thought its not that exspensive plus you get insurance and other stuff.

cheers for all the replys everyone. i have now filled in the section regarding guns i have put

.22 - RIFLE - VERMIN CONTROL -

.17 - RIFLE - LONG RANGE VERMIN CONTROL -

.22 - SOUND MODERATOR

.17 - SOUND MODERATOR

do you think that this is ok, also how do i say i want expanding ammunition :rolleyes:

tulkyuk why do have to put target shooting on them aswell :rolleyes:

Don't bother with putting that, or some firearms officers might start asking for extra stuff, which you don't want to do...! I didn't write about ranges and they just put it on there, its basically common sense, so don't worry.

If you don't know what to write, just put in the boxes (i'm trying to remember what's written in them)

Calibre-------------Type----------------------------Reason

.22 LR--------------Rifle + Sound Moderator-----Vermin Control - See permission slip

.17 HMR------------Rifle + Sound Moderator-----Long range Vermin Control - See permission slip

.243----------------Rifle + Sound Moderator-----Fox/Deer Control - See permission slip

In the ammunition bit below, write this (bit of a squeeze)

Calibre-------------------------Quantity

.22LR ---------------------------1000

Expanding

.17 HMR-------------------------1000

Expanding

.243------------------------------100

Expanding

I can't remember the ammo bit, but just squeeze the expanding below the calibre size.

I used .243 as an example. Just make sure you decide on a suitable calibre for your needs.

Oh and by writing .22 LR Rifle, you will be allowing yourself the choice of bolt action or semi automatic too!

If you want any other advice, PM me.

Will

I'd also put down "Zeroing on ranges" as for a reason along side likes of vermin, fox, deer etc.

Also match your ammo quantity to what you can actualy buy.

For example theres little point in asking for say 50 rounds of .223 when they come in boxes of 20 :rolleyes: