cartridges ?

nerooo

hello, i would like to purchase some good cartridges for clay shooting and pigeon shooting ,as i m newbie i dont know what to buy, and i have heard if you buy 1000 will get a good deal is that true? and what make shal i ask for and how many grams etc.... as i have got 12 bore, any help will be appriciate.thanks lot for your time. :blush:

Hmmm, I have read over your posts and I truly believe you need to read up on the subject of shooting before you actually get out and start shooting away. Granted, I will not doubt that you are a competent person and I am happy for you that you've been granted a certificate. However when I was younger 12/13 I used to read loads and loads on the subject before I got my licence at 13. I really think a lot of your questions will be answered in a book published by the BASC:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BASC-Handbook-of-Sho...A1%7C240%3A1318

This book is really helpful and will answer plenty of questions. Obviously I am not saying the forum will not be able/happy to help, it's just that you will read stuff that you never thought to ask, which will teach you some invaluable lessons.

It covers areas such as shot size for every bird, quarry identification, rough and game shooting etiquette etc etc. It is truly an invaluable book and I am glad I read it.

I am in no way saying that I am the world's best marksman, but I certainly would be less wise if I hadn't read that and similar books.

Good luck with your new guns and I hope you enjoy them for years to come :blush:

Will

Get plenty of practice in on the clays first if you haven't shot much. :P

For that I'd recommend 24 or 28grams of 7.5.

I really like the Lyalvale Express 28gram fibre wad cartridges. Lowish recoil and they don't foul up your barrels like some others so less cleaning! Compare putting a hundred dirty, punchy D&Js of the same load through your gun and you'll see what I mean. :blush:

Sure others on here will have different preferences but that's what I'd use.

SL