Them there Foxes just keep on coming

bunny bagger

Went for a walk last night, -3c didnt bother me,

Started off with the 22lr after some rabbits but very few around so off to my favorite farm which has produced a few foxes this year and is just a nice place to go.Checked the caller and discovered the batteries were flat so had to rely on the palm of my hand, slung the 222 over my shoulder and off i went.

I stopped by a horse jump and had a call, second sweep of the lamp and theres charlie quite a way off but the 40grn v-max dont mind long distance and he drops stone dead at 180yds,a big dog fox,. I have another look around and theres another 1 two fields away, this 1 refuses to come to me so i set off towards it trying to walk quietly on frozen ground :lol: . I got to the edge of the field i saw it in and gave a squeek, up popped it head and when the v-max hit it, it popped back down again,110yds, very nice conditioned vixen.upper_house_farm1_dog_1_vixen2of3.jpg

Carried on for a while and then decided to head back, i shone around with the lamp and spotted a sheep looking at me from the next field, i turned the lamp off and then remembered that there werent any sheep in that field :oops:

Lamp back on and yes it was another fox, i got down and called and this time the fox ran straight to me, i shot it at 30 yds while it was still running at me,another big dog fox which was very dark with hardly any white on it except on his throat,

i then shot a couple of rabbits which were sat beside each other at 150yds

upper_house_1_dog1_of_3.jpg

:hmm::hmm::oops:

nice shooting mate. i missed a good night there :( you have pm coming your way

ps how many foxes you had now

23 this year which isnt many, but when you consider that i dont shoot them from March untill late July and that there arent any big woods on any of my permissions, i dont think im doing bad

00taz11 Posted Today, 07:40 PM

QUOTE (bunny bagger @ Dec 8 2008, 06:23 PM)

Thanks, its a CZ 527 in 222 with a DM80 MOD and MTC 4-16x50 Mamba scope

how much for it all mate just asking

If it was all new , then £600 for the rifle, £200 for the mod and £200 for the scope, oh and £65 for the bi-pod

23 this year which isnt many, but when you consider that i dont shoot them from March untill late July and that there arent any big woods on any of my permissions, i dont think im doing bad

If it was all new , then £600 for the rifle, £200 for the mod and £200 for the scope, oh and £65 for the bi-pod

that will be well worht it

nice one,bunny bagger.

excellent shooting,and your story sounds great.thanks for the pic's and the read.

oh; i'm proud of you getting out in the night air at -3c

not many shooters will do that mate i can tell you....cheers.

B)

Cheers Mate, i actualy prefer the colder nights,

however i was planning this weekends outing and checked the forecast :( , with the wind chill it is supposed to feel -7 :good:

i`m still going out though, the Foxes and Rabbits have still got to eat,