North Wales Shooting School

Peely

Afternoon All,

I've just clicked onto the NWSS website and noticed that they are introducing a registration scheme from 1st of Jan. Evidently you fill in the form and will be issued with an ID card that you must show everytime you want to shoot (along with your license) - sounds like a fair idea to me. It always amazed me that you could just turn up there and shoot...

Just thought I'd post this on here to let anybody who uses the ground know.

ATB

Peely

Having forked out £50 for a SGC I wouldn't relish having to fork out for a ground specific customer registration card. If NWSS need to operate this type of system it should be up to them to pay for it. I cant see that this achieves anything more than a detailed customer data base, from which marketing activities are easily performed. Its hard to understand how a piece of plastic will make one jott of difference to the security or safety at the ground.

I don't shoot there too often, but do enjoy their high towers.

It may well be down to the insurers , On some renewal policies the people who shoot have to be named !!?? On the " risk assesment " forms now needed there is a box for persons who shoot on the estate !! just more legislation we dont need !! POW! .

I have a shotgun certificate and object to them collecting data. What are they using it for? I sincerely doubt that it complies with the Data Protection Act. If you only need to show your SGC and fill in a form, it is hardly difficult to obtain one and proves nothing. Imagine if somone had access to their records - it would be a burglar's delight.

I have a shotgun certificate and object to them collecting data. What are they using it for? I sincerely doubt that it complies with the Data Protection Act. If you only need to show your SGC and fill in a form, it is hardly difficult to obtain one and proves nothing. Imagine if somone had access to their records - it would be a burglar's delight.

Excellent point!

I think that I shall telephone before I next travel to Sealand. I'm afraid that if my SGC isnt sufficient , I'll not be shooting there!

webber