Night Shooting in Northern Ireland

Ozzy Fudd

ive been thinking about this lately and was wondering if anyone knew what the rules were on this?

ive never been into it myself, when i lived in the countryside we were plagued by guys lamping on our land, long story short, because of this ive never considered doing it before. but now one of my friends is getting a .223 in the next few weeks, plus i might be getting a centrefire sometime in the next few months as well, so im thinking about it more now.

going by the amount of lamps and filters i see in the local shop im assuming its legal (as long as you have permission, etc) but im sure i remember reading somewhere that shooting at night here is illegal.

can anyone help? :good:

ps was going to ring basc but havnt had the time yet, also i dont know the local feo (having moved house sincegot my licence)so dont want my first introduction to himto be asking about something illegal just in case!! :(

Why bother risking asking us, when the you're Local FAO is one simple phonecall away?

read my first post!! :good:

plus ive tried to get in touch with him 3 times in the last 8 months (different matter) and everytime i ring all i get is "he's out of the station at the moment, can you leave a message?" :(

Edited by babbyc1000

It is legal to lamp in n.ireland,depending on where i am shooting i ring the peelers to let them know what area i will be in and they have never questioned it.The only problem is there has been so many rifles handed out here in the last couple of years that every plonker and his mate are running round the country without a clue what they are doing,end result is you put the lamp on a fox and hes away like a shot!

It is legal to lamp in n.ireland,depending on where i am shooting i ring the peelers to let them know what area i will be in and they have never questioned it.The only problem is there has been so many rifles handed out here in the last couple of years that every plonker and his mate are running round the country without a clue what they are doing,end result is you put the lamp on a fox and hes away like a shot!

cheers mate :(