Keep thinbking about getting another bike

rb5037

For what it's worth I looked at the Bandit and Hornet when I first passed and did a lot of asking around regarding both bikes. The general concencus was Bandits are cheap (but so is sawing your leg off) but are 'old technology' compared to the Hornet.

The saving grace of the Hornet 6 for me has been that it is so forgiving to ride. Being a tuned down CBR 6 engine, it is fairly progressive and sedate below 5000 revs but if you want to ride it harder there is plenty of poke further up the rev range.

I am sure you'l do your own research but thought I would offer the benefit of mine.

Best of luck

Pike :lol:

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeh, I was looking at the Hornet. They are not that more expensive than the Bandit really.

I have had a Honda moped X8R-S and they are well made bikes but, its a Honda and parts are expensive for them as with the cars. I'm skeptical when it comes to Hondas, they are well made but it seems to me that they have absolutely no character what so ever. :lol:

Personally I've always bought new, but now funds are becoming an issue I'm starting to look at the second hand market. Still dont know what I really want, A monster trailie or sports bike, the Honda XR650 and Yamaha fazer spring to mind.

£45.00 for Road TAX

£1800 for bike

£200 to have it restricted

£800 for Third Party F/T insurance (with DATATAG, locked in garage with a £300 excess)

£400 for 13 lessons, pre-test, test, theory test & CBT

Grand Total: £3245

Conclusion: Cant afford Bike.

If I had known that in the first place; I would not even have bothered, it just cost me £400 to find out.

:unsure:

Edited by The_Craws

£45.00 for Road TAX

£1800 for bike

£200 to have it restricted

£800 for Third Party F/T insurance (with DATATAG, locked in garage with a £300 excess)

£400 for 13 lessons, pre-test, test, theory test & CBT

Grand Total: £3245

Conclusion: Cant afford Bike.

If I had known that in the first place; I would not even have bothered, it just cost me £400 to find out.

:)

Probably best to go ***** on this one mate:

Nicking someone's pride and joy from their Fort Knox style garage -£6,500

Not bothering to tax it -£45

Not bothering to insure it -£2,000 (cos you've nicked a more valuable bike than the £1800 one you quoted)

Not bothering with a licence -£400

Riding past the local gatso camera on the back wheel, standing up on the pegs while giving the camera the birdie £priceless

:shoot::shoot::shoot:

Is that weird or what 82 posts so far on the topic of Motorbikes, I can say that I have no shooting mates that I know of that are "bikers" excluding Quads.

Just an observation.

Interesting,

I stick to 4 wheels.

Hammy

Craws, get a DT125, I got one, great bike so long as you dont want to do big distance, just great around town or on the twisties. Not sure how the new one compares though, mine was off the last batch of R models in early 2003.

Only 2 months until I can get the Big Red Thumper.

I'm looking through the classifieds. Last week I spied a Suzuki DT350 1996 with only 2000 miles on the clock. When I phoned up it rang out I tried over a number of days and noone ever answered. Thought it was abit dodgy because how could it only have 2000 miles on the clock on a 9 year old bike? Maybe it was nicked and its been lying in a lockup for years.