Advice?

mysecretlife

I’m after a bit of advice, my 2 year old labs taken some big chunks off both of her front pads. She’s limping a bit (but so would I), they don’t seem to be weeping but they’re obviously sore.

What do people reckon the best course of action? A bit of antiseptic cream and rest her up, or should I be taking her to the vet?

Walk her on grass for a few weeks to aid healing and avoid if at all possible hard surfaces.You really want to keep the pads dry to speed recovery and most antisceptic creams tend to be quite greasy.Pads do heal fairly quickly provided the wounds arent too deep and are kept clean.

A little tip if her pads are quite soft and get damaged easy-wipe them with surgical spirit several times a day.It slowly hardens the skin and this is what ballet dancers do! (was told this by a ballet dancer!).Dont do it until their healed though otherwise it will cause her lots of pain with having open wounds.I had to use surgical spirit on my old Rottweilers paw because his paw was banaged so long after surgery and his pads went soft like a babys ****.