maize

Saltashshooter

hi im going decoying on cut maize tomorrow , i went up to these fields on monday and there was alot of pigeons feeding on it in groups of 3 -4 were coming on it regularly and a flock of around 10 were on it aswell , these fields have nt been decoyed for ages either, soo what do you think ? will it be any good , thanks for reading

btw it will be with a shotgun

Edited by Saltashshooter

hi im going decoying on cut maize tomorrow , i went up to these fields on monday and there was alot of pigeons feeding on it in groups of 3 -4 were coming on it regularly and a flock of around 10 were on it aswell , these fields have nt been decoyed on since august either , soo what do you think ? will it be any good , thanks for reading

btw it will be with a shotgun

is it a maize field or a chopped up cover crop ?

chopped up , its maize stubbles at the momento

Thanks Ryan

you may have a good day if the birds have found it as they will soon move on to it after feeding on rape for the last month .

had my first maize of the year today and it was ok shot 29 in a few hours but it had only been cut the day before , i have had some of my best days on maize over the years and find it to be 1 of the best crops for shooting pigeons over !

Good luck :hmm:

you may have a good day if the birds have found it as they will soon move on to it after feeding on rape for the last month .

had my first maize of the year today and it was ok shot 29 in a few hours but it had only been cut the day before , i have had some of my best days on maize over the years and find it to be 1 of the best crops for shooting pigeons over !

Good luck :hmm:

that sounds hopeful , thanks :yes: ta bag of 29 would make my day :yes: thanks for the replies lads

Ryan

Saltashshooter Posted Today, 04:59 PM

abousolutly **** not one bird

im not surprised,i shot maize within days of it being combined,and the week after. and like you saltash nothing about.im not saying pigeons wont feed on it but i wouldnt of thought it was a favourite