Anyone tried this on the pigeons in snow?

Cosd

I haven't had the opportunity to try this but looking at the weather, I might get one this weekend!

Probably a stupid idea but here goes.....

Lets say the ground is covered in snow, I was thinking if I put down an army net on the ground (20' x 10', mainly green die cut with sparse brown) with some decoys on it, could this trick the woodies into thinking its a bit a thawed ground? I guess they wouldn't land on it but maybe bring them in within shooting distance.....

i heard a bloke say he put a cover down the nite b4 a hard frost>> in the morning he moved it an there was left a patch of green against a white background..he rokons it worked a treat!!!!

That was on a thread here on the forum last year, it's from that idea that I came up with this idea.

I'd have to do 120 mile round drive to put the cover down and knowing my luck it would be sunny the next day :yes:

Anything is worth a try , on a smilar veign when i first started i read an article that during hot a drought like summers (ok a thing of the past) to put a piece of blue plastic sheeting on drill or flattish field giving the impression of a pool of water , i tried it and cant realy say it worked like magic but cant say it didnt work at all either.

I haven't had the opportunity to try this but looking at the weather, I might get one this weekend!

Probably a stupid idea but here goes.....

Lets say the ground is covered in snow, I was thinking if I put down an army net on the ground (20' x 10', mainly green die cut with sparse brown) with some decoys on it, could this trick the woodies into thinking its a bit a thawed ground? I guess they wouldn't land on it but maybe bring them in within shooting distance.....

what i have done in the past is to brush a patch clear this has worked ok for me and it dont take to long to do , you will find tho it would work better if we had snow that stayed around for a few days even a week !

what i have done in the past is to brush a patch clear this has worked ok for me and it dont take to long to do , you will find tho it would work better if we had snow that stayed around for a few days even a week !

I do the same as you mate.

when we did have a good snow fall I just grabbed a bit of bush (conifer) and brushed a patch of snow away and this worked well.

A guy on the newish pigeon shooting videos from peter theobald used the same Idea on the winter video, but the snow soon melted away.

Walk the hedgerows or woods instead.

Like other bad days, if Pigeon arn't in the area you won't see any to pull in.#

Last bad winter the Pigeon seemed to just disapear.

They were in the woods.

If there is Pigeon flying about It is a good idea.

You should allready have an idea where to have the bare pacth though, not just random hope it works.

Walk the hedgerows or woods instead.

Like other bad days, if Pigeon arn't in the area you won't see any to pull in.#

Last bad winter the Pigeon seemed to just disapear.

They were in the woods.

If there is Pigeon flying about It is a good idea.

You should allready have an idea where to have the bare pacth though, not just random hope it works.

Yes that's right, choosing the spot to try my brainwave would be no different to choosing the spot to shoot from on any other day.