New Years shooting...

pigeon controller

Happy New Year to all Pigeon Watch members - We have been busy chasing rabbits and pigeons. Please find some pictures of our recent ventures (ignore the date, forgot to set the camera after removing battery - its not 2004!!)

82Birds.jpg

Out on the first after a phone call from the farmer whith birds on his rape. Finished up with 82 hard earned birds due to the fact that they kept coming in in 20's and 30's. Overall still a good day but cold!!

85Birds.jpg

Asked by a farmer to shoot his rape, but found the birds on the next field feeding on the clover. Got permission and ended up with 85 pickup. But same again - birds in flocks!!

69Birds.jpg

Another call from a farmer for birds on his rape. The rape leaf is about the size of your thumbnail!! however the birds were still piling in. Finished up with 69, but flocked up again. They just do not break off. Was out the day before with DB and we shot rape and picked up 101 (honestly) but unfortunately no picture. DB no patience as he was cold (-2 degs). The bigger pickup was due to the farm shoot moving the birds on for us.

Will keep you informed with any major changes in flock details.

Pigeon Controller.

Edited by pigeon controller

Hi Nial, My Camo net is a basic ex army net with long strips of material woven in to stop it blowing around in the wind also it can keeep you warm. To get the right material I went to an indian sari shop with hawthorn , holly and grass leaves and bought four meters of of these colours and also light brown and dark brown. When I got home I cut them into 2 inch wide strips, set my net up in the garden and wove them in very lose. I put the greens on the one side and the browns on the other i.e. winter and summer.

Happy weaving

Pigeon Controller