Opinions required on which CZ .22lr

dogfox

As the title states im stuck for choice between the CZ 452 american or the silhouette, i like the look of the wood but i also like the look of the silhouette!

im just wondering about your personal pro's and cons of each of these models,

im going up to my RFD on friday to put a deposit on one as they are finally in stock.

all input is appreciated.

regards,

DF

Plastic everytime, I don't like CZ wooden stocks much, especially the hogs back ones :good:

I don't know what they are called but if you want a shooting tool get the black barrel'd one with the plastic stock in 16"

Heretic. The silhoette (sp?) is the one you're talking about I think.

Don't go for the varmint. It's a heavy gun and there's no real need for it for .22lr ranges. Just the standard sporter profile is what you need, especially if you plan to carry it around your ground for any period of time. I have the sporter version of the HMR, with the 16" barrel. It will shoot penny sized groups every time at 100 yards, which is all factory ammo will allow anyway. The short barrel is very good for use in confined spaces, and with a .22 all the powder is burnt in the first foot of barrel anyway :no:

Get a 16" sporter barrel if you can. It's better to wait for one to come in than rush and buy the first you see :good:

Don't go for the varmint. It's a heavy gun and there's no real need for it for .22lr ranges. Just the standard sporter profile is what you need, especially if you plan to carry it around your ground for any period of time. I have the sporter version of the HMR, with the 16" barrel. It will shoot penny sized groups every time at 100 yards, which is all factory ammo will allow anyway. The short barrel is very good for use in confined spaces, and with a .22 all the powder is burnt in the first foot of barrel anyway :lol:

Get a 16" sporter barrel if you can. It's better to wait for one to come in than rush and buy the first you see :lol:

thanks for the good advice mate, but ive been waiting for 4.5 weeks for the American version to come in stock and it finally has, i decided not to go for the LUX as i hate the pigs back stock.

the barrel on them is 20" i tihnk so ill probably end up chopping a few inches off it eventually id say, as im getting an SAK mod with it