Making pigeon magnets

hill billy

I have just been looking at the prices of pigeon magnets, they are about £100 for a basic one, I know most people don't have access to a welder or anything but i managed to make myn for £3, to make it i went to my local scrap yard and robbed a wiper motor of an old car i then found a small piece of steel about about 5 inchs by 7 inchs i then took 4 very long bolts and welded them to the plate and bent them down to make legs, then i got two exhaust clamps and bolted the motor to the plate making a hole for the drive shaft to go through, i then found a length of steel tube and made a Y shape with it and then welded it to the drive shaft, then comes the expensive bit i had to buy two six foot lengths of steel rod for the arms and made two carries for the ends, to make the arms removable i cut the head off of two bolts drilled a hole through the center of them and attached the arms by sliding them down the center and welding them, to attach them to the spinner i just drilled a hole all the way through the bolts attached to the arms, then to stop them flying out i drilled two more holes through the points the arms attach to the spinner then just push a pin through them to keep them in place this may sound a lot of work but it only took me a couple of hours so it wasn't a bad save of £97

Edited by hill billy

But you can get a flapper and a pigeon magnet over at ukshootwarehouse for £100

That seems like a really good deal :blink:.

Has anyone tried there kit? Just wondered what it was like as it seems very cheap.

Cheers Rob

I am getting some delivered on Monday mate, will let you know

Edited by El Nino