Hawke Varmint 8-32x44 AO

the-12bore-kid

You would be much better to buy a fixed mag scope without parallax adjustment. You really won't need that sort of magnification and would never use it in the field. Getting a more basic scope means your not paying for thrills and can spend the money more wisely on a better peice of glass. Trust me, its all about the quality of glass.

If I could go back, I would have bought a fixed mag scope somethign like an 8x50 and looked toward the better brands such as S&B, with a preference to spend £350 rather than the £200 I did on my hubble in proportion Nikko 6-24x56.

i too have played around with high mag scopes in the field [no higher than 24x] and fixed mag scopes.they have all performed well each with their own pros and cons.at the present i tend to tread the middle with scopes and preffer 4-12x zoom scopes as there seems to be more plusses than minuses

Im pretty new to scopes and im gettin a fac theoben rapid in 22 and wondering if a ,Hawke Varmint 8-32x44 AO, rifle scope is any good for hunting, any advice would be great thanku

That is a nice scope and would probably mount the optics on a FAC air rifle.. Our boy AXE was right on this one fixed mag would be best.. Even on my .45 Sam Yang Air rifle i use a 1.5 X 4, and my other air rifles are 6 X 40.. Cheers dudes :oops: