springer training

darren m

NTTF -- have you got a puppy basics post on here , its been 6 years :lol:

she's 13 weeks and as done nothing apart from play retrieving , only got her last night , not even paper trained so got my work cut out :yes:

i read in some book a while back not to start to train a springer until it was around 8 months :angry: which sounded wrong !!!!

I think the leaving spaniels 'til they're older is an old school idea. You would certainly wait 'til the dog is older before introducing shot, cold game etc. but there's no harm in training good retreiving interest, getting them into cover and solid sit and recall from when they're young.

The best time to start recall is when the pup is new to the world and likes to be close to you anyway!

being doing recalls today , no problem :lol: but after left her with a few toys and she picked them up and hid them one by one in the exact same spot .

when i recovered them and plonked them on the floor , she did it again tidy up and storeing them in the same place.

whats that all about :yes: