Variations in price......

JamesFearn

Hi all,

I've been searching around on the old t'internet for a Beretta Silver Pigeon V and there are massive differences in prices from one place to another. Specifically I have been looking for a 30" multi choke and have seen prices ranging from £1600 - £2000 any beyond. Is this usual?

Not looking forward to adding 17% onto the price of one either! Fingers crossed my SGC gets here before February!

There is a hell of a lot of variation out there. I went for one of the limited edition Silver Pigeon IIIs and saw prices range from the RRP £2450 right down to under £1950 which is what the gunshop I pop into managed to source one for. I had been initially looking for the standard but he talked me into paying a bit extra for the special and I'm damn glad I did.. wood work is great and has the engraving of a much more expensive model.

Shop around, talk to gunshops and don't be afraid to haggle.

One factor at the moment is when did the gun come into stock, and is it priced on pruchase price, or current selling prices.

Most new guns have gone up 20% over the last year based on the Euro or $ exchange rate. A dealer may be quoting prices for new stock at present increased prices, or may have had a gun a while and its good value now based on an earlier ex-factory price.

This years round of increases is about to hit the shops, so if you see a bargain gun buy it now as hey wont be around long.