9oz bottle

borntoshoot

hi all. i have a 850 airmagnum and its a great gun but its burning a hole in my pocket buying gas. i have heard about using a 9oz bottle. has anyone tried this and does it work?

first WELCOME to pw, second its a nice, its one are you use those small bottles of co2, i heard you need an FAC to own one as they are so easily turned into real guns, im not going to view the idea on 8oz bottles, they arent my type of gun, go out and try and get a PCP air rifle or a springer a springer will save you money refilling, a pcp could be filled using a bike pump but is easier to fill with a scuba tank and adapter... so if you want to save money look at a new rifle, they keep their power longer, and they will save you money in the long run....

they are also more powerful... if you want to shoot live quarry look at getting an air rifle of about 11.5 -12 ft lbs

Edited by mark_mjs93

I understand the 850 runs on 88g carts of c02 going for about £4 for ~80 shots? I have no idea of what 9oz bottles are or look like, but ignore what was said above. No licensing unless it is putting out more than 11.99999ft/lbs. And if you only shoot occasionally, the odd fiver here and there is alot cheeper than a new gun, a bottle, filling equipment and refils.

Edited by libs

i read something about this conversion cant quite remember where.i think the parts have to be ordered from the states.have you tried the umarex adapter to run of 2 powerlet capsules.these giveabout 35 shots per charge and are more readily available .co2 guns came off ticket a number of years ago as it is very awkward to extract fac levels of power out of them without creating a fountain of snow from the muzzle.tust me these are agood gun i was given one to field trial before they went on the market

the airsource tanks provide aprox 150 shots at 5p each.the twin powerlet set up provides aprox 35 shots at 3p each.these are full power shots,if you are plinking you can get significantly more shots and the price will drop.bolting a theoben tank to the front of this rifle would turn a silk purse into a sows ear.these rifle handle like a dream in standard form[full length or carbine]

the airsource tanks provide aprox 150 shots at 5p each.the twin powerlet set up provides aprox 35 shots at 3p each.these are full power shots,if you are plinking you can get significantly more shots and the price will drop.bolting a theoben tank to the front of this rifle would turn a silk purse into a sows ear.these rifle handle like a dream in standard form[full length or carbine]

mine is the full length. i looked for the carbine but couldn't find one anywhere.

• 1 month later...