starter kit

roadkill

Hi,

get a whistle, get three dummies, forget dummy launchers etc but get a small starting pistol. Buy one book, either Joe Irving Gundogs their learning chain or Moxons book aand stick to one method.

Otherwise you will get bogged down with advice and confuse the dog.

Ian

whistle should be on its way

I have both Joe Irving and Moxons books , Not sure which one to follow as both have different ways . Which one do people prefer out of these two books?

Joe Irving for Spaniel's

PRA MOXXON for lab's

Just my opinion :good:

I must have nearly every spaniel book ever written and of them all if I were to choose just one to read again it would be Keith Erlanson's 'The Working Springer Spaniel'.

I also like the antique 'spaniels: their breaking for sport and field trials' which is old school but really quite an interesting read.

It's worth reading from all the sources you can and watching all the dvd's etc. you can and generally try and build up as much knowledge as you can and take the best bits which work for you and your dog.

Not one book alone can give you all the information you need but if they may give you a worthwhile hint or an idea.