pigeon shooting

hi daz, im i'll meat you at 07:00 in the usual place tomorrow mate.

hi ian aere you giving this one a miss then?:hmm:

Yes Mate worse luck..the family have had this sickness bug for the last 2 weeks and this morning i have it, so i dont know what im going to be like tomorrow to be honest....but i will catch you next time

Have a good one and hopefully you will break Darrens record up there :shifty:

Cheers

unlucky mate,

get well soon an if your feeling better you should pop up. i don't know about breaking any records mind you, im a bit rusty these days lol haven't shot pigeons in weeks now.

daz. i will bring all them books an dvd's up in the morning so you can have a look through an see if there are any you want to borrow mate.

not this time mate :birthday:

it was a good day though. cheers again darren. i had a really slow start, spent the first few hours just sat there while daz was shooting away. then i moved down to the corner where the pheasant pen is an had some good shooting from then on untill about 13:00. the magnet was bringing them right in from across the field an a few tried to land in the tree above me. got a couple of right and lefts an a beautifull high bird flying flat out through the trees. i seemed to be getting all the pigeons while daz only had crows down his end. but there were loads of them.

we had to stop for half an hour while the farmer worked in the field, an after that the birds seemed to stop coming in my direction. my magnet battery ran out then which didn't help but after i re-arranged the pattern a few time i managed to get a few more decoying properly. daz started to get alot more pigeons over his pattern now an i got a few that he missed as the flew towards the trees thinking they were safe.

i finished with 30 odd pigeons and a crow. i think daz had 42 crows an the rest were pigeons. not ahuge bag from me but i had some great shots and another great days shooting thanks to darren. but with the best part of 100 birds in the bag the farmers son was well happy!!!

Well done Taff looks like you had a good day, next time i will be there and i will bring my Crow caller, Darren knows how effective that is.... :birthday: I have Crow talk well sorted and can now inform all the Crows in a 20 mile radius to stay well away :birthday::yay:

Edited by Spaniel

i'll hopfully get to try it out on the ducks this coming season. spoke to the local club again and i'm at the top of the waiting list to join this year. i'm meeting the committe in april.

so do you class your self as a wildfowler now or are you still a pigeon shooter?

so do you class your self as a wildfowler now or are you still a pigeon shooter?

I think it depends on what impresses the Ladys the most :birthday::birthday::yay::yes::)

To be honest i enjoy both but on the number front i only shot 2 x Wigeons and 1 x Mallard but the foreshore is a great place to be

Edited by Spaniel