Another staffie thread...

Ozzy Fudd

best destroy every pet dog on the planet then....all dogs are a danger to everyone.

http://forums.pigeonwatch.co.uk/forums/ind...showtopic=77065

i just dont see how there can be such stark differences of opinion....

on the one hand,in this thread, harfordwmj suggests if you take responsible action of not leaving your dog alone with a child, it is an issue which is cause for extermination of the dog ??

I am just saying that if I had any grounds to believe that my dog would attack a member of my family, I would not tolerate that. My lab will play fight all day with me and I know he wouldn't get aggressive or even consider biting me in anger, or another human being. I know this and guarantee it, as it's not in him.

I understand that staffies are a fighting dog. However I do believe it's the owner who brings up the dog, not what's in the dog. I know there are a lot of PW members who own staffies and I'm sure they're lovely dogs, as they've been brought up in a decent household where (i'm guessing) they've not been used like the chavs you see who do use them for protection and a status symbol.

There have been a few reports of labrador attacks on children, I am not denying this. However, like I said, it is all down to the owner. If I picked up a rescue dog that was a good dog, but once it got home it showed a bad side, it wouldn't be in my house for much more than a couple of seconds, as you can see it's got it in its nature.

To sum it up, I thought that someone would agree that you can't have a dog in the house if you're truly concerned that it would potentially attack a child. I mean, you wouldn't have an adopted child/teenager for long in your house if you knew he had a criminal record of GBH and ABH... :good:

To sum it up, I thought that someone would agree that you can't have a dog in the house if you're truly concerned that it would potentially attack a child. I mean, you wouldn't have an adopted child/teenager for long in your house if you knew he had a criminal record of GBH and ABH... :oops:

i think what everyone is getting at is that theres no such thing as a dog you can trust 100%, no matter what breed it is, so you should never leave a dog on its own with kids :good:

So you'd still keep an animal you're frightened to keep near your child?! I'd have that dog put down if I thought it was a risk to anyone.

After nearly half a centuary of keeping dogs of various types mostly lurchers and terriers. I have never had a dog that has bitten anyone. I would never leave a child alone with a dog. All dogs are a risk to a child if left unattended.

You my friend are talking through your buttocks.

TC

I am just saying that if I had any grounds to believe that my dog would attack a member of my family, I would not tolerate that. My lab will play fight all day with me and I know he wouldn't get aggressive or even consider biting me in anger, or another human being. I know this and guarantee it, as it's not in him.

You my friend know nothing about dogs. I have never read so much twaddle. Every dog has the potential to bite, it is their only form of defence. Some dogs can inflict more damage than others, true, but a child does not need to be savaged by a pit bull to sustain irreparable damage. A Yorkie can inflict enough damage to harm that child for life.

Grow up.

TC

oh dear............................. :good: here we go....

harford mate, look... your dog is the smae as mine mate...i trust our benny totally.... he doesn't have a bad bone in his body mate ..at all...he's the classic lick you to death type of friendly staffy, as alot are...the exception being those owned by the stereotypical chav...

however, i wouldn't leave my son who's only 3 years old alone with him...or any dog for that matter...kids can be unintentionally cruel and a dog, if pushed, will bite. even yours mate.

i seem to remember the staffy bashing thread when that poor baby was killed by the staff and jack russel in wales not long ago... the general opinion was that the grandmother/dog owner was responsible for leaving a child unattended with a dog....the point being, doing this was irresponsible. as much as i insist my dog is soft, id be a fool to think he isnt capable of attacking something or someone... i have no reason to believe he will, he does show any form of aggression at all... never barks...has never growled ever... is very caring and attentive to my son...but you never know....i dont think he'd like it if someone grabbed or hurt my son...but still, thats understandable as nor would i....

i see many dogs day in day out, different breeds and none in particular are more aggressive then others.... small terrier types can be nasty and nippy, some mongrels are as mad as dingo's...many a lab has shown his teeth..but on the whole...if i knock on a door any they have a staffy, i need not worry...

as for me being scum...well.....