Pedretti Hushpower - Tips required.

browning123

They are abit perculiar 2 get used to. Assuming you are a reasonable shot with a normal gun, your ammo is reasonable, and the targets are a reasonable distance. You should be able to hit things.

I Found with sitting targets - If you look down the "rib" (top of moderator) and aim (as with a normal shotgun) at a sitting target - they shoot naturaly low.

1. Because of the size and balance of the moderator/barrel

2. No recoil with .410 to counteract the aiming, as there is with a 12b.

Tip - to hit sitting things with it cover the target with the barrel (so you really see it, and shoot)

With moving targets, as above, but also may be influenced by the cartridges you are using; subsonic or not? The subs are a slower cartridge, thus need more leed. However this is only a marginal difference, and when get used to the balance and aiming you should be well onto that.

Hi mate, i have just bought a Baikal Hushpower and i found the same at first, missed a close rabbit with it, but because it was so quiet i saw/heard all the shot hit the ground below where i was aiming even though i had tried to compensate a bit. So i fired at an empty tin can from 30 yds, first time hit it with two pellets then aimed a bit higher (as chop said covering it so i couldnt see it at all) then it peppered it. I was using it one handed while holding a lamp with the other, and found you have to make an effort to look over the top or you tend to look down one side of the siliencer a bit and miss because its full choke. Used to it now pretty much and its knocking them down! Also i found a bit of plastic wad stuck in one of the holes in the barrel while cleaning it which could have been dangerous i suppose! so might look for fibre wad carts next time, dont know if anyone else has had that problem.

All the best

SP

Hi, Thanks for your reply - I will try it out again tomorrow by covering the target, I will also take some brown paper sheet to test where the pattern is going.

Regarding your comments on using fibre wads - I was told not to use these as pieces of the wadding will get stuck in the holes inside the barrel.

Maybe another member can advise.

Regards.

GRT.

Ha, well i will stick to plastic wads then! i have fired quite a few rounds through it, so perhaps it was just bad luck a bit of plastic got stuck. It is also surprising how much cruddy powder ends up in the silencer shroud after just a few shots, i unscrewed it to see and it had a lot of muck in there straight away.

Cheers, SP

Hi, Friend i bought mine off said he tried it dirty and clean and you cant really tell the difference. I have been using 3" magnum normal cartriges and find them plenty quiet enough, dont think the cost of subsonics for being a bit quieter would be worth it for just rabbits. It hardly scares them at all. I have just been unscrewing the silencer and tipping the dirty powder out evry so often.

Cheers, SP

Hi, Friend i bought mine off said he tried it dirty and clean and you cant really tell the difference. I have been using 3" magnum normal cartriges and find them plenty quiet enough, dont think the cost of subsonics for being a bit quieter would be worth it for just rabbits. It hardly scares them at all. I have just been unscrewing the silencer and tipping the dirty powder out evry so often.

Cheers, SP

Saddlery and Gunroom now recommend on their website you DO clean under the mod. I had one once with pitting round the holes. I have been using my Pedretti 12g recently and it does a great job.Had it opened to 1/2 choke and I fully agree you have to cover the target with the silencer.I do struggle though with fast crossing targets.I usually wait till the crows slow down and circle.

Edited by vole21

i personaly dont have a problem with mine, but i do have a large head which when on the stock picks up the aim enough for me to hit smack on if i put the tip just on the target. I have a shooting bud that does struggle with it a bit but if i was in your situation i would pack the cheek up on the stock. This will eliminate your problem. You may even get away with one of the neoprene comb supports for a rifle which you will also be able to put a few carts in :no: .