Selling Pigeons

groach1234

Okay i ahve started to get better at the pigeon shooting lark and so am getting more pigeons that i am eating. I was thinking about start to try and sell them. Is this doable? if so do i need a license of some sort or something? How should i go about trying to sell them at what short of price could i expect? :hmm:

Regards, George

Around here, in the Fens, prices vary according to the time of year.

They have gone as high as 30p, and as low as 7p a few weeks ago. I got 15p per bird recently. And 30p for rabbits.

Disgusting really considering they provide a completely organic and tasty meal :hmm:

Do you not need a meat handling certificate to sell to game dealers?

BTW I was in a call a few weeks back and they were cooking up pigeon breast to serve as a main course, £1.80 per half breast is what they were paying from the dealers :hmm: So, if you can find a restaurant that serves game......

John

Do you not need a meat handling certificate to sell to game dealers?

BTW I was in a call a few weeks back and they were cooking up pigeon breast to serve as a main course, £1.80 per half breast is what they were paying from the dealers :hmm: So, if you can find a restaurant that serves game......

John

My understanding is if the bird is "in the feather" you do not need a meat handling certificate, as you have not "processed" it.