my last ferreting day of season

ash.gun

my last day of the season ferreting. this was about a month ago but i have only just found out how to resize the pictures. we had 28 and they all bolted well and we never had to dig once this day. the keeper was trying to keep numbers down with his rifles and shotguns but it was to much for him so he asked if we could ferret it and he could come along. so he came along and i demonstrated the purse nets, speedset longnets, locators, ferrets and other things we got to the first burry and it was a open burry in the middle of the field so i netted it up and worked it while my friend and the keeper started to net up a large burry on a bank. i got 4 out of the open burry, it was only a 7 hole burry so that wasnt bad so i walked over to help my friend and the keeper and it wasnt long before we bagged another 8 rabbits. the next 2 burrows where on the edge of a large grass field and a copse

and by the time we had finshed these we had 28 bunnys in the bag and no digging :hmm: Ash

post-16610-1239577246.jpg

What a good looking little dog whats the breading and thats a good days work and no digging i can only dream of a day with no digging god luck dan

its my friends on the left

its a 3/4 bedlington 1/4 whippet

she a cracking little fereting dog

she dislocated (how ever you spell it) this day

we where picking the last couple of nets

up and she got onto a rabbit and went through

some stop fencing and got her leg caught

yeah no digging what a surprise ayyy. happy days :hmm:

Funny my son bought a 3/4 whippit 1/4 patterdale boy jet black with white socks rough coat only young 21 weeks old but showing all the right signals smashing little dog will come on well i think but will see good luck and if you ever breed that little girl let me know danny

Funny my son bought a 3/4 whippit 1/4 patterdale boy jet black with white socks rough coat only young 21 weeks old but showing all the right signals smashing little dog will come on well i think but will see good luck and if you ever breed that little girl let me know danny

my mates just had a litter of pups of her well there 8 month old now

he got one for sale at the moment if your interested ?