TIPS

Shooting Tom

I am going shooting, on clover (standing in a barn close to little wood.) there is a bean field 2 fields away with a drilled field in the middle. there are 200+ about. what is the best way to try to pull them over to me and get some shooting? There is a big hedge as well close to where i shoot so they cant see my decoys from the bean field...i guess.

If the bean field isn't yours then you have a problem. Its difficult to pull birds away from where they are feeding. The only possible way is to 'ambush' them by being under a flight line, set up a hide and your deeks in the usual way according to the surroundings and conditions. that way you might slow them down long enough and close enough to get a chance at them.

Ideally, set up on the bean field, ask the farmer even if its just for the one day and you never know, it could lead to something permanent!

Good luck

GH

knock on the farmers door and fall to your knees pleading for him to let you shoot it as you cant stand the crop mutiny :good: (tell him his crop is getting hammered) :hmm:

the general idea anyway... wear normal clothes not camo, take your licence and insurance and remind him who gave you your current permission as the farmer will probably know him/her. good luck

Lol i know them, he shoots to, any way i saw one of them said i could come over if i saw him setting up. i walked over there to meet another friend and started talking watching two people shoot the bean field, anyway they made banging all day long they said they got 74 birds.

Good thing for me i got a clay shot out of it for tuesday with the mate i was talking to, while watching them shoot pigeons and crows lol :rolleyes: