(rifle) shooting wanted - 30mile radius of taunton

I'm a new member here - you can see my post in the welcome section.

I've been airgunning for years and own an Air Arms S410.

I'm a member of Minehead Rifle & Pistol Club (where I shoot .22 rimfire), the British Deer Society and am BASC insured. I have the DSC1 certificate. I can provide references if necessary.

I had not planned to start looking for ground to shoot on until later in the year, but as I have won a Howa Lightning in the Sporting Rifle magazine comp, I'm bringing forward my plans... :good:

I'm looking for available shooting of small game (fox, rabbit, rat, pigeon, crow), and of deer - I'm not bothered about trophies, but willing to put in the hours to manage the herd, especially if I can keep some or all of the meat. If landowners have an existing shooter or syndicate that's more interested in the trophy bucks, I will happily arrange to shoot around them so that they can have the bucks and I'll do the cull.

Willing to travel up to an hour in any direction; I live between Minehead and Taunton.

Very respectful of boundaries, livestock and crops and will not leave spent cartridges or other refuse behind.

Pippa

Edited by ODG

• 1 month later...

bump... Still looking for permission to shoot vermin and/or game, stalking rights, or for a stalking syndicate to join...

For land with permission, in order to provide a decent service, I'd prefer something within an hours drive or less of home. For a stalking syndicate, I'd be happy to travel further.

Thanks for looking...

Pippa

I have lots of land around Taunton- your task may be a lot harder than you think- most of the land has regular shooters signed up and have had for years

I know co's I have most of it :good::good:??? - gained over 10 years of local pest control

Good luck with your search though :good:

If you need any help or advice please pm me your number- Im in Cotford St Luke :good:

Les :yes:

Hi dazza - yes, I'm knocking on doors and making new contacts wherever I can. I'll be beating this season and hoping to make a few more freinds that way too. As Les says though, permissions are really hard to come by in this area so making the most of every opportunity is key - hence the post on here just in case. You don't get if you don't ask, so I'm asking everywhere I can - including here... :good:

As my original post says - I hadn't planned to start looking until next year, after I'd done some beating and make some contacts that way, as well as through the rifle club, but as I won a rifle and can't claim it unless I have my fac and somewhere to shoot it, I was forced to bring my plans forward and start asking around earlier than expected.

I'll keep knocking on doors and asking around - I hope people won't mind if I bump this thread every month or so while I keep looking...

Cheers,

Pippa

(Les - you're lucky! Having moved here a couple of years ago I'm having to start all over again... I'm near Monksilver, so not far from you)