Ukshootwarehouse monthly special

Has anyone bought the £99 offer for rotor and flapper unit? I was thinking of buying this. How heavy is the rotor and what additiional equipment do I need? I've worked out that I'll need the 17amp battery for £30 and a charger for £19 as well so I'll need to spend £150 minimum. Is there anything else I need such as a carry bag etc?

Any info on the functioning of the machines also welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Abu

Yup I bought one a few weeks ago. I got the rotary and flapper and bought a 17a/h battery and a timer for the flapper. As you say about £150 quid all in all.

The rotary and flapper work fine, although I have not tried any others to compare them with. I had a 62 bird day with them and they really did make a difference.

The rotary only has two spikes to stick in the ground so I was worried that it would be unstable but it was fine.

The kit is quite cumbersome to carry but that would be the case with any flapper/rotary, I have a suitable shoulder back that I put everthing in. The heaviest thing by far is the 17a/h battery.

I guess that for 99 quid you wont get the quality of a £200 rotary but Im happy to give them a try for that price. If I find I want to upgrade later I will consider the more expensive options.

Mack

I guess that for 99 quid you wont get the quality of a £200 rotary but Im happy to give them a try for that price. If I find I want to upgrade later I will consider the more expensive options.

Mack

Glad your happy with your bits Mack.

Some things to bear in mind: The battery size and thus the weight of ANY windscreen wiper motor powered rotor will remain the same regardless of price/quality as you need that size battery to get a decent run time i.e 8-9 hours.

The other types of rotor available i.e our Ultra-lightweight Rotary, The Pinewood Advantage or the Rota-Coy are the easiest to transport as the machines are 1) made from aluminium and 2) they use a motor that draws much less current than a wiper motor and so will run for a long time off a much smaller battery ( i.e a 7 amp-hour battery).

I'm not sure of the weight difference but its a hell of a lot. I will weigh and compare and get back to you.

You dont necessarily need anything else for the flapper, but you might want to consider a timer? We also have some new Remote Controls coming in this month which are very sexy indeed and at a very good price.