Shoot-N-C targets.

These Shoot-N-C targets are great for zero but expensive to generally plink with.

Any cheaper alteranives ?

I use them for my FAC air & rimmie, now I have a HMR when the weather cheers up I'm going to zero it & find my max hit the barn door range plus I've got a few different types of ammo to see what groups well in my rifle.

Could be expensive unless there's something else I could use.

For ease of use you cannot beat the BC targets.

I used MS Word to knock up some A4 zeroing targets, before one of the airgun mags gave a link to www.Targetz.com.

I find the .5" grids were the most useful.

If I'm being lazy and do not want to replace an A4 target I use a 2" x 5" Post-It note with a marker pen cross :oops:

I used MS Visio to make pattern plates for testing my shotties. Taping six A3 is not too onerous, twelve A4 is pain in the posterior!

Guest RemmySPS

Shoot n See targets are a bit different to ordinary targets as they show up bright florescent when hit.

The best way to see ordinary shot holes is to make your target out of a white sheet of paper with just a 1 inch red dot in the centre. Then stand a black sheet of paper @ 12 inches behind it, as the shot hole will then stand out really clear. :oops:

Just an observation but personally i can see every hit quite clearly when i`m zeroing and using my spotting scope, or am i missing something??

Not everyone uses a spotting scope, and shots into black can be hard to see if you don't have decent scope, or someone marking them for you.