Got bitten twice.

Guinea Fowl

By bugs, i mean the fishing bug.

The last couple of years i have been doing mostly fly fishing and sea fishing, so i decided to get rid of the carp tackle, as i was not using it at all.

Then a couple of month`s ago we moved from Manchester to Leigh, Thank F*&*, and as luck will have it there is a nice big lake just 5 min down the road.

Now my problem is this, that bloody carp slash pike bug got hold of me this afternoon. Normally this would only be a small problem with a slightly bigger problem on the wallet.

But no, this time it aint that easy.

The wife came along for a walk by the lake as i was fishing, and then ask if she could have a go, no problem i said.

And then 15min later she screamed at me, "FISH, FISH I GOT A FISH, HEEEEEEEEEEEELLLP".

I thought oh ******, the stick i am going to get now for the rest of the day, as i only manage to catch a tadpole.

It was a nice little pike of around 5 pounds.

Now she want`s her own carp tackle and this and that and this and this and that, Bloody hell calm down dear!!

Does she have any idea how much carp tackle is and for two?

The only good thing i can see about this is, is that i will not have to justify spending 20 quid here and there on bait and so on as she will be using it to!!

And if she have to catch a bigger one then me, i will go mad. God help us!

ouch, unlucky mate! mines been going on at me lately to take her fishing, she used to fish a lot in latvia when she was younger (grew up beside a lake) but ive tried to put her off as much as possible, i know rightly she'll catch more than me, and then my tackle will soon become "our tackle", thank god she doesnt like shooting :yes:

my mates late wife was the same she decided she would like to have a days fly fishing with us,big mistsake it became a drug to her.no weather was to bad for her.she was unstopable my mate had to buy her own outfit,she would empty you fly box,s if you did,nt keep an eye on her.