BOARING

Highlander

Just reading a book at the moment entitled, "Imperial Vanities," which describes Samuel Baker, a nineteenth century farmer/explorer. It mentioned his patented muzzle-loading rifle, weighing in at 21lb, that fired a 3oz lead shot and also his foot long, two inch wide hunting knife that weighed in at 3 lbs.

Using said knife he, "...used it to dispatch at a single blow a charging wild boar weighting 300lbs. The knife split the animal open from the spine to its pizzle."

Nice.

ain't you seen rambo he took out a helicopter with his bow, your just using the wrong ammo lol :good:

Think the film was Hot shots, Charlie Sheen took out a whole village (or some russian ) types with a chicken tipping his arrows. Shame bow hunting is not allowed here i think a well aimed king charles spaniel tipped arrow could take out westminster and broon. this could be :yes: the modern day gunpowder plot.

:hmm:

Im in two minds if bow hunting is something i would enjoy doing purely because i have seen loads of youtube videos were by the target animal 80% of the time runs off at least a little while before falling, which im aware you could do the same with a rifle but generally speaking a well placed rifle shot normally drops your target animal on the spot with the acception of miss placed shots or not using apropriate equiptment etc, correct me if im wrong but most hunting arrows iv seen advertised are designed to make a wound channel and keep it open making the animal bleed to death which has no attraction to me. Im not saying i disagree with any of you who my bow hunt im just saying it's not really my cup of tea.