Importance of magnet

Doc

I know this has been discussed several times but I thought I could share my yesterday's experience.I was out very early in the morning but at 2 oclock I was about to move for the third time with only 4 pigeons and a crow in the bag.That stubble field looked promising as over 100 pigeons and blackones were feeding on that.I put my crow decoys next to my horseshoe pattern and the birds started coming in steady.I have not seen pigeons dropping like that for a long time!!!They were like stones dropping from the sky presenting me with easy shots.

1 hour later I had shot about 19 pigeons and 10 black ones when I noticed that the battery of the magnet was getting weaker.Unfortunately I did not have my spare battery in the car and packed the magnet.FOR THE NEXT HOUR PIGEONS WERE FLYING ABOUT COMPLETELY IGNORING MY DECOYS.I shot a few black ones but not a single shot on pigeons!!!Then I had the good idea to use the small battery of my flapper for the magnet.Guess what!They started dropping like stones again and shot another 20 in the next hour.Following that the battery got weaker and weaker and they stopped coming....

I ended the day with 43 pigeon and 30 black ones.The first thing to go into the car in the future is a spare battery!Magnet works for me time and time again...