Tooth Extraction :(

mark_mjs93

given the fact that EVERY ONE who hears about my tooth ordeal tell me i should persue a claim, what do you think...?

it was, horendous.................. cost me time off work and has seriously left me not wanting to go back....

i understand fully that **** happens and it could be down to bad luck, but the dentist took 3 x rays before pulling the tooth...surley he should have sent me to an orthodontist or somthing rather then pulling my head inside out?

im not one to make life diffucult for folk or claim cos im a greedy get only after cash, but when everyone says "you should put a claim in !!!" i do feel maybe i do have a case?

not sure how it would stand but all i know was it was cock up after cock up....

what do you think?

I work in healthcare but whenever I go to the dentist,apart from the shock of the cost is the stuff that reminds me of Marathon Man.I know all the bits of my fetid teeth that hurt when I have ice cream and then they go and stick a hook in it. I nearly slide off the chair on my sweat. However good they are,I hate the dentist.

Eat mints at work and whenever having marital relations. Cheaper and less painful.

Edited by vole21

given the fact that EVERY ONE who hears about my tooth ordeal tell me i should persue a claim, what do you think...?

it was, horendous.................. cost me time off work and has seriously left me not wanting to go back....

i understand fully that **** happens and it could be down to bad luck, but the dentist took 3 x rays before pulling the tooth...surley he should have sent me to an orthodontist or somthing rather then pulling my head inside out?

im not one to make life diffucult for folk or claim cos im a greedy get only after cash, but when everyone says "you should put a claim in !!!" i do feel maybe i do have a case?

not sure how it would stand but all i know was it was cock up after cock up....

what do you think?

You pay them to give you the best treatment they can give you.

You should put a claim in, they are sure to have insurance to cover themselves

I'm a dental coward. I currently need about 3 extractions :blink:

I'd rather put up with the pain than go to the dentist :lol:

And then there's the expense :lol:

I will do it for you chard.. Almost painless and can save you a few pounds :good: You know moonshine will be involved :yes:

I had all 4 wisdon teeth removed at once, top and bottom, at South Tyneside Hospital in 1996. They must have known it was going to be bad because they gave me an injection of valium first.

I came to my senses half way through when they got a bit rough and saw a blood covered tooth being lifted away from my mouth with a chunk of bone attached to it. There were about 6 people in masks all standing round me with worried faces and wide staring eyes. Then I fell asleep again.

It actually felt ok in the few hours afterwards but that was because they also pumped my mouth full of local anesthetic and I was still under the influence of the valium.

I ignored the advice about not drinking or smoking for 24 hours afterwards to let the blood clots form properly and had a fag and sucked a couple of the blood clots out of the holes leaving raw jawbone exposed - that was pain like I have never experienced. Worst night of my life.

I'm glad I had it done though. Had no bother since.