Tooth Extraction :(

mark_mjs93

hmm were to start?:lol: OUCH (that works) today i had an appointment for a tooth extraction, the tooth has been giving me grief for about a month, i was put on Antibiotics by him to start with which helped but it still caused hassle, so today i got out of college (i do it one day a week via school, so it was against my will :D) at 10:30 at the dentist for 10:35 (its right near college so was only a short walk) i got there and the dentist was a bit behind, now although he was running late i got in and i was ********, I HATE injections, and extractions after a bad experience when i was 5, now i am with a new dentist (since i was 5 i have been with this new dentist) and he has never had to extract a tooth from my mouth, these are being extracted for my braces, but they were giving me hassle so it was for my benefit too, so i was ******** i was in the chair hyperventilating and almost in tears (he hadnt even injected, i mean im 15 but i was reduced to a 5 year old again....) i finally (after about 5 mins) forced myself to take the first injection, it wasnt as bad as before, last time i had the first one in the side of my gun (you know the tough bit OUCH) and it was EXCRUCIATING, this one was in the back of the mouth, and then he injected in the soft part down on the side (were the gum meets the cheek) and it numbed, out i wasnt so bad with that one, and by now the hyperventilating had stopped and i was relaxing, THEN i saw the chisel, well it hink it was some sort of chisel, any PW dentists can help me here, and it had little chisel head (about 5mm wide or so) and it was fully metal, i was ******** out, he put it on the tooth (after the anasthetic had kicked in well) and sort of wiggled the tooth about (a slight crunching sound :yes: ) and then he put that down and got the plier things, he was really gentle with it (firm but fair sort of thing) and he wiggled the tooth around, got it really loose and pulled it out, i didnt even notice it was out till i saw it in the pliers above me, well it wasnt as bad as i thought it would be (i let my fears from when i was 5 get to me and it freaked me out, and i was reduced to a quivering mess) then i stood up (with a swab in the gob) and shook my dentists hand and said it was better than i though it would be and that i thanked him, he didnt want to do the top tooth as it would require an injection in the palette (roof of the mouth for a normal person) and they are REALLLLY painful i cant stand them, so he said he would leave them for the hospital, NOW im in the living room with a big hole in my gum....

BUT DO YOU WANT TO KNOW THE WORST BIT.....

when i asked if i could keep my tooth THE NURSE SAID "oh sorry, i just threw it in the bin" I WAS HORRIFIED, i couldnt believe it, she litterally threw part of me in the bin ;) so at the moment im in a bit of a foul mood, pain toothless, and bloody ;)

Oh well atleast im getting over my fear, shows what a good dentist can do hey....

ATB

Mark

:lol:

Had an upper wisdom removed February last year, not a bit of trouble, delighted that the pain went away :lol: Got the choice of a 1200 Euro procedure plus a 6-700 Euro bill again in the future OR a 90 Euro extraction...

Hmmmm toughie that.

Yes, I had an extraction about 5 years ago. It was £600-£700 for root canal treatment or £52 for the extraction :lol:

Silly **** :yes:

Mark, I feel your pain mate. I have always been a coward too when it comes to the dentists. A few years ago I had to have a tooth taken out after an infection underneath one. I was sweating and talking gibberish and i'm certain at one point I may have threatened to hurt the dentist if he hurt me. :yes::lol:

He was great, barely any pain, never saw any of the tools he used and to top it off he had a seriously good looking assistant which helped take my mind off the work he was doing.

Ive had 5 teeth removed for my braces to be put in the worse bit is the injection, you should only have a dull ache where the tooth has been taken out, if its painful you should go get some paracetamol

The fifth one was the worse one as it was the biggest one in the mouth.

Edited by The BFG

MARK,

Punctuation goes a long way to making a post easy to read and not make someone lose the will to live half way through. :lol:

FM :yes:

i put in commas you scrawn little begger if you want more than you are gonna have to imagine its there, becuase at the moment im to busy concentrating on the massive hole in my gum and jaw to worry about 1 or 2 fullstops to please a wee little spud like yourself....

Threw it in the bin? What is she sniffing? Does she not realise whats going to happen when the fairies come round tonight? :lol:

i know, im scared now, you know they can be pretty violent them fairies, i here ones called FM, they are like druggies, if they dont get what they want they flip, hmmm, anyone know if tooth fairies are on the general?

i think i might sleep with the air rifle by my bed tonight..... and possibly a chastity belt, i here that FM has been skulking about in the shadows.... :yes:

Sounds painful and sad, right up your street! hahaha

If I am going to be honest I hate getting teeth pulled so much that I told, yes told the NHS that they were taking the last four I had out under general, found that much easier and alot less pain!

look ollie dont get me started on you being the little poof you are, oh and call me emo as much as you want you scrawny little rat, i had my hair cut and have a better taste in music, libs, am having 3 out under general soon, but this one was giving me extreme grief so t needed to come out

dental phobia...its a toughy mate...

i was absoltuley phobic as a child after a bad experience... but as i grew up i figured i had to stop being a pussy and get on with it.... after a serious bike crash and a load of ops in hospital, my fears were cured, nothing really seemed to bother me at all.......untill..........

untill the last ordeal i had at the dentist...

statred with a filling, then it had to be re done as he haddent packed it enough... then he told me it needed root canal so when he also told me the cost i instructed him to extract the ******....

well, he pulled the tooth ....and a bit of my jaw.....and the flesh between my gum and my sinus cavity !!!!!!!!!

what ever went in my mouth came pouring out my nose !!!

spent an hour in the chair getting stitched back up.. then, two days later had to spend another hour in the chair getting it re-done...again....

when my gob fell apart the third time i had to go to hospital.... they then did an operation called a "cadwell luc" ...cut my gum away, drilled a hole through my face/skull into my sinal cavity, removed fragments of jaw bone and tooth then stitched my entire gum line back up....

not pleasant to say the least.... and now im due to go back for probs with niggling teeth!!! and guess what..im a tad nervous!!!!!!!

im not sure weather what the dentist did was down to bad luck for me or negligence on his part ?

anyhoo... bottom line kiddo is this...tooth pain is a zillion times worse than injection pain... grin and burr it bud and be d man....

matty

All this talk makes me glad that Ive still got an entire set of teath and havent seen a dentist since 12 years ago, nor do I intend to!

BTW, I think the odd comma missing can be forgotten when the guy is probably still under the effects of the anesthetic.

dental phobia...its a toughy mate...

i was absoltuley phobic as a child after a bad experience... but as i grew up i figured i had to stop being a pussy and get on with it.... after a serious bike crash and a load of ops in hospital, my fears were cured, nothing really seemed to bother me at all.......untill..........

untill the last ordeal i had at the dentist...

statred with a filling, then it had to be re done as he haddent packed it enough... then he told me it needed root canal so when he also told me the cost i instructed him to extract the ******....

well, he pulled the tooth ....and a bit of my jaw.....and the flesh between my gum and my sinus cavity !!!!!!!!!

what ever went in my mouth came pouring out my nose !!!

spent an hour in the chair getting stitched back up.. then, two days later had to spend another hour in the chair getting it re-done...again....

when my gob fell apart the third time i had to go to hospital.... they then did an operation called a "cadwell luc" ...cut my gum away, drilled a hole through my face/skull into my sinal cavity, removed fragments of jaw bone and tooth then stitched my entire gum line back up....

not pleasant to say the least.... and now im due to go back for probs with niggling teeth!!! and guess what..im a tad nervous!!!!!!!

im not sure weather what the dentist did was down to bad luck for me or negligence on his part ?

anyhoo... bottom line kiddo is this...tooth pain is a zillion times worse than injection pain... grin and burr it bud and be d man....

matty

Oh my god, i'm due an extraction and that has just put me right off :good:

Oh my god, i'm due an extraction and that has just put me right off :good:

dont be, that is A pretty rare occurence, seriously mate, the worst part is the injections.... and if you can get it done in the afternoon, have an early night and by morning you will be fine... seriously the worst bits are the injections going in, and the anasthetic wearing off.... just try and keep your eyes closed... the look of the instruments they used do freak you out... just relax and dont worry, i hate extractions, i had 4 of my baby teeth out and im having the same 4 adult teeth out for my braces, oh and btw it was an infection under it :lol: sorta sucks because the oposite tooth (other side) has a septic infection under it, cant get rid of it but now it doesnt bother me, but i got that due to a flippin root canal, an hour in the chair, luckily i have 3 teeth with fillings in them, 1 of which i had pulled yesterday :yes: and im having the other 2 plus 1 more out soon, then ill have my braces, then it should be good teeth for me :lol: for the last 3 out im under general....

^_^ No No, mine originally started off as a filling, a few months after having that done i had an abscess on the same tooth, antibiotics sorted that and the tooth was re-drilled and refilled :lol:

a few more months passed and another abscess on the same tooth, antibiotics again and this time the dentist drilled the lot out and filled it 'so I would no longer have problems' with it :good: , within weeks the enamel feel off, whilst eating duck pancakes, you know the nice ones with spring onion and hoy-sin sauce :lol: , anyways i thought fooo k it I'm not going back to the dentist just yet, some months later (and no abscess) I had a check up, the dentist said I'd need a crown :o , whats that i hear you say? drill for gold? :P so a crown it was, the tooth was ground down a 'pin' was inserted and a few days later a crown was fitted (and a lot of money handed over), guess, go on, guess, yep that's right I've got a bloody abscess on the same damn tooth aahhhhhh!! and now it's got to come out :P I've spent more money on that bloody tooth in the last two years than i have on shooting gear :yes: whats the betting half my head will come out with the tooth, or it'll have me tonsils attached to it, or he'll pull the wrong one :lol: Aaahhhhhhh

Oh no you said the EMO word, this is going to be worse than toothache now ???

thank god that tooths out, now we wont have to listen to all that whingeing on skype :yes:

oh wait. no, sorry, that should be we wont have to listen to any more whingeing about the tooth.... :yes: