Franchi

The_Craws

T-C, I use a 20 gauge Franchi ,for the ladys and juniors at the range ,its light ,responsive ,well made for the price , the 12 gauge is built to the same level.

you could buy better or worse ,as berthaboo states ,you may find some shells foul ,but im sure you'll have no problem with the hunting loads,its mainly lighter loads that wont cycle,again cleaning is the key with a semi, good luck in your choice :rolleyes: .

Martin

• 2 weeks later...

i have had several franchi 3 shot and find that they tend to jam up with cartridges with a short brass sleeve,my last one i had to scrap as the end of the barrells bloomed,that was after about 10,000 rounds,the newer ones tend to rattle in the mechanism,my friend bought one last year and it was returned to franchi 4 time in 3 months,this was a brand new one,the dogs ********,interchangable everything.if i was you i would try one first if you can,my prefered gun would be a browning gold hunter s/a 3 shot.more reliable in my opinion. :D

What I heard was: There are two types of semi-auto loading mechanism, the gas powered and the recoiled powered.

Gas powered semi-autos have less recoil but they have small parts that when cleaning are footery and semi-autos need cleaning more than your standard break action shotguns. They also have o'rings that need replacing now and again. You then have the recoil operated design that is more reliable because it is simpler.

I think Franchi make them with this recoil design which is supposed to be the most reliable. Browning, I think switched to gas operated? :D

• 3 weeks later...