autoclaytrap.com

kennp

I don't know of them but the website doesn't inspire much confidence.

The traps seem cheap enough and I am sure it is all legit but a website and mobile phone number is all you have to go on. A 24 month warranty is only any good if you can get hold of the people to fix it.

IMO there are only 2 makes of Auto trap I would buy and they are Bowman or pro matic.

• 1 month later...

Just thought I would post this in fairness to autoclaytrap. I was asking for a friend of mine. He went ahead and bought one. It arrived on time as promised and works perfectly - so we would not hesitate to use them again.cheers.kenn

Guest topshot_2k
I don't know of them but the website doesn't inspire much confidence.

The traps seem cheap enough and I am sure it is all legit but a website and mobile phone number is all you have to go on. A 24 month warranty is only any good if you can get hold of the people to fix it.

IMO there are only 2 makes of Auto trap I would buy and they are Bowman or pro matic.

interesting, i changed from promatic to acorn traps http://www.acorntraps.co.uk/ and it throws further and after 3 years service is yet to let me down :hmm:

I just bought a promatic trap via ebay. Arrived next day at no extra charge but was damaged by courier and so I called them up - much apologies, spare part despatched overnight (they offered to fit it themselves but it was an easy fix) and promised to review their packaging. Excellent service and a top quality, solidly built trap. A mate of mine has the Acorn and never had a problem with it, but the difference in materials and build quality is very significant - I'm glad I paid the extra.

I've also dealt with Bowman buying consumable spares for our club traps - very old fashioned company but again superb service and probably the most reliable traps we have.