new shooter

Topgunners

I had arranged to drop onto some pea fields that were being hammered by pigeons with my hoppo, but unfortunately he had to withdraw. I then rang a new shooter I had met a couple of weeks ago whilst travelling around my permissions. I asked him if he fancied a couple of hours on some peas and he jumped at the chance. We met about 4.30pm and decided to set up on top of a hill with just a couple of spreaders and a magnet.

We had lifted a hundred or so birds as we drove to our shooting spot and then had a nice couple of hours , chatting, shooting and me wishing we had set up down in the valley. The main flock just dropped right down to the river field and flitted on and off the crop whilst we sat watching. We ended up dropping 21 pigeons and also had a request from my " crow farmer" to call in as the blackies were all over the farm sheds and surrounding field.

We will drop in there early Saturday morning and then try the peas later on.

He thanked me for the opportunity to shoot some new land and then departed with a thumbs up out of the window.

:good:

Dave K

Edited by Topgunners

I had arranged to drop onto some pea fields that were being hammered by pigeons with my hoppo, but unfortunately he had to withdraw. I then rang a new shooter I had met a couple of weeks ago whilst travelling around my permissions. I asked him if he fancied a couple of hours on some peas and he jumped at the chance. We met about 4.30pm and decided to set up on top of a hill with just a couple of spreaders and a magnet.

We had lifted a hundred or so birds as we drove to our shooting spot and then had a nice couple of hours , chatting, shooting and me wishing we had set up down in the valley. The main flock just dropped right down to the river field and flitted on and off the crop whilst we sat watching. We ended up dropping 21 pigeons and also had a request from my " crow farmer" to call in as the blackies were all over the farm sheds and surrounding field.

We will drop in there early Saturday morning and then try the peas later on.

He thanked me for the opportunity to shoot some new land and then departed with a thumbs up out of the window.

:good:

Dave K

Beter that than 2 fingers up out of the window :good:

Edited by malkiserow