Cobra Merlin Help

CZ550Kevlar

I just purchased a Cobra Merlin with DSA and will be using it with my variable power Lightforce Lance scope mounted lamp with a IR filter fitted. Now the thing is i took it out last night to set it up and see if it makes Bunny hunting any easier as the rabbits are becoming quite lamp shy due to previous muppets running around with lights on full beam etc. After reading the instructions numerous times i just couldn`t get it to focus properly and ended up with a tiny image about 50% size rather than an image that filled the viewer more, has anyone got any real world tips for setting it up these scopes.

It is being used on a .22rf with a Walther Nighteater 3 - 9 x 44

Cheers in advance.

I use mine with a 4-14 x 50 mtc viper with no problems, the only thing I can think of as a tip would be to leave the cobra end clamp of the dsa loose while you focus the front of the cobra on your cross hairs as sometimes when the lens winds out it hits the back of the sight, otherwise are you sure the scope paralax is set correctly?

Right... so the general thought seems to be screw the front focus right out then clamp in, then focus the front then use the back focus ring, that`s if i`m reading it right, the paralax i set to 60 metres, anyone got any thoughts on zoom level? i must admit at night 9x is abit much but i was thing 4-5 could be better.

Cheers for the tips guys, you will all be glad to hear that using your tips i focused the crosshairs of my scope on the cobra merlin first using the front and back rings then focused the image of what i was looking at using the paralax, Job done! and they didn`t see it coming.