Bones

sambu13

I know this has been done to death but.....

I gave my girlfriends dogs a bone each today, the big dalmation got a huge knuckle and the two young ones got a rib each (beef) one of the pups ate hers completly! is this ok, i though it was but some people disagree!

Depends what bones and also if they've been cooked or not. Cooked bones tend to splinter n can cause damage :yes:

Uncooked should be fine :no: I think chicken bones are bad ones, not sure about beef n such.

Don't see why swallowing it hole would do damage, if the dog can digest the pieces why cant it digest the whole thing ? :blink:

Bones are fine for dogs, but they must be raw, Large weight bearing bones are good to clean and strengthen teeth, smaller meaty bones & chicken carcases are good for every day feeding. I feed all my dogs & pupies on BARF diet. my pups were fed raw chicken carcases at five weeks old & they loved them.

Lee

swingtip gundogs

Bones are fine for dogs, but they must be raw, Large weight bearing bones are good to clean and strengthen teeth, smaller meaty bones & chicken carcases are good for every day feeding. I feed all my dogs & pupies on BARF diet. my pups were fed raw chicken carcases at five weeks old & they loved them.

Lee

swingtip gundogs

Where would you get them from then ? Local butcher ? How much does it cost ? :good: