Rabbit shooting holidays

Oh please...we're talking rabbits here not frigging chavs!

Too far for me id could probably go once in a while when i visit my dad in scotland...however if it were chavs that would be an entirely different story (especially the unfortunately not so rare early twenty's/ teenage yuppies that go out on other peoples fields with air rifles) :hmm:

• 3 months later...

Just spoke to the ranger. They are in the process of revising their pest control policy as the current method doesn't appear to be working. There hasn't been much interest, likely due to the distance, ferry crossing and the fact it's limited to air rifles. They may be looking to resume shooting in 2010 depending on the outcome of consultations with the community. :blush:

Does anybody know of anything similar where we might be able to make a weekend away of air gun shooting? :blush:

Smithy looked into this and Nick76 , Cuda and me was going to go there for weekend , spoke to Julie the head ranger and she said yes no problem come down and camp and you can shoot on Friday , Saturday , and Sunday :) but as the time got closer she changed her mind about shooting on the Sunday due to religious reasons :lol: and she had no where for us to camp :lol: all very suspect , so if we were to go (1000 mile round trip) we would do it during the week , we did end up going down to "Luckyard Farm" in Minehead Exeter , had an interesting time :lol:

Edited by unclemicky

unclemicky................how did u go on down at luckyard m8?:oops:?:hmm:?

been going down there for the past 10 years myself and brother in law and a few of the lads, i found the shooting a bit hit and miss but on a good day brilliant and its a different way of life down their so layed back, old carlton is a star...

cheers mark

seems a bit strange this one they want the rabbits sorting out, but then when someone offers to do the job for them they get messed about,ie no ware to stay(camp) thought u said u can camp anywhere :oops:??? or did i read it wrong :hmm:????and were told fri/sat/sun shooting then nearer the time of helping out no shooting on a sunday, ok each to there own n that but i would if i was you get your house in order first before you shout for help from ppl off here and probably other sites of the same,............get the shooting with rf 17hmr shotties(silenced) whatever sorted with whoever is in charge up there and give us a shout then m8, and then watch what happens.....

as the late great kenny evertt (general cheeseburger) once said ............lets bomb the ********..........

mark