new larson trap working

samw

got a new larson trap a month or so ago to use in my back yard as couldnt get near enough to the magpies to shoot the little **** and they had started to kill the little bluetits as they come out my bird boxes anyway get this trap and didnt have a call bird we didnt seem to be getting any at work so had to wait it out anyhoo when to cheack it on my return from work at dinnertime and there was 2 init anyway put one in as a call bird now and guess what i just looked and theres another one init so am well buzzing and now the little garden birds might have a bit of a chance heres the pics

cheers sam

post-17109-1246982413.jpg

nice one sam mate i not been on for a week or so been really busy with this and that helping out on the shoot we had a release pen in the big wood i was talking about the other week when i phoned you anyway we had a tree hit with lightning the othernight and it brought down a branch anyway cut along story short we had to sort that out and re build the pen anyway nice too see you getting some magpies in your trap give me a shout if you get any more need 2 for mine will come a pick them up mate

thanks

stan

How do you dispatch them....wrestle with them then "neck" them?

May sound a little strange but certainly sporting for the bird....could you let the birds go then have a crack with the SG?

no i take them away from the trap and neck them ...... if i was to let them go and try and shoot them i'd prob miss just ask ryant about my missing lol :good::good::oops:

Edited by samw

sam thanks so much for the 2 maggies i come a got from you lastnight mate went and put them out when i got back cheacked them this morning both had somthing in guess what........ magpies lol so set up 2 more traps again thanks sam mate will have you over for a day at the pheasants when the season comes round

stan

Edited by originam hunter

keep at them sam mate i had 19 since i got them 2 call birds of you nice one mate thanks again give us a shout if you wanna come shooting they started swafting rape the other day so should het some mate

stan

nice one stan mate keep at them your self i had 8 all togeather but thats only in my back yard will do mate am doing over time for 2 weeks starting friday so will text you when am finished on that mate