Game shoot available

A 500 acre shoot near to Minsterly - Shrops / Welsh boarder.

Grass, scrubland, wooded with pools, pens (not sure how many or what condition).

Current tenants have just pulled out - no birds down.

Farmer is looking for £7-8 per acre plus VAT but may move on price as it is very late in the season.

This would suit a group to take it over and set up.

If you want to talk to the farmer, and are BASC members, please PM me for the number.

Please only PM if you want to take this over as a game shoot.

Thanks

David

Given the area, high ground that's very suitable for good high pheasants might explain the price but it's really no wonder the previous tenants gave it up. You've gotta be pretty serious to pay that sort of money just to rent a 500 acre shoot in todays climate! Mind you someone will probably find a way to make the sums add up and pay it...for one year at least! :hmm:

The other tenants have had the shoot for several years.

All I can say is that my old shoot- before we lost the land - we had about the same amount of land, we put down 1400 birds a year, set ourselves up as two teams of 9 - i.e. 18 guns in total, shot 16 days - both teams had 7 driven days, plus a boundary day for all on Boxing Day and the last day of the season. We averaged 40 birds per day. We were very lucky as we had a couple of retired guys to do the 'keeping and we held birds remarkably well.

The new shoot, set up about the same - but we average less!

Anyway, I would estimate that a DIY shoot set up as two teams like I say could run a great shoot here for about £800 per gun. That may suit some and not others.

David