wheat again

jack the lad

Me and derwentman went out on the wheat again thursday afternoon,it wasnt the same field as last satuday but in the same area.Whem we arrived there was plenty of pigeons on the wheat we walked them of after ten minuets watching them and went and set up.It was going really well and then came the rain and this slowed things down allthough they did carry on decoying espedially after we put up an electric flapper just above the crop.We perservered until around around 8.15 couldnt pick up all birds shot and dont know exactly how many we shot but it was around the fifty mark. I feel that if the rain had held of we would of probably doubled that. Hope to have another go next week :(

were should it be mate, i put it on the nppc page as i was shooting on nppc land and im not to up on the computer cheers

You are in the right place then...

Didnt know there was wheat on the NPPC lists there are none on the lists i have.. ???:)

• 3 weeks later...

Your right Jack the dead pigeon on the electric flapper seems to work on the wheat at the height its at i always think like you do that the magnet can spook them very easily.

Cant wait until its all cut my dog is itching to get out but more damage would be done by him amongst the wheat it kind of defeats the object of crop protection with a labrador knocking it all over

Im sure the Farmer would not be very happy with that.

hop to get out againat it next week ise the osr is going brown that cut be cut soon to and then its pigeons galore :):yes::lol: