Barrow Heath

fat_jay

Evening gents, i am out for a days shooting this week and fancy some different scenery to high lodge or lakenheath and was thinking of giving barrow heath a try. Has anyone been? If so how does it compare to the above two grounds?

Also what is the access around the ground like i.e stand to stand, as unfortunatly my dad is disabled and has to trundle between stands on an electric buggy

Thanks in advance

Jay

Access for buggies is not good at Barrow Heath, I'd say you'd struggle to get to some, but not all of the stands.

It's also a little bit more undulating than either High Lodge or Foresakenheath, which are both dead flat.

The facilities are very poor when compared with the above grounds, i.e. no flush toilets, refreshments are burgers, burgers and more burgers.

You might like to give the organiser, (Mike Frankham) a ring before you go and explain the situation to him, I'm sure he'll help in any way he can.

He throws some good targets there, but his shoots are all 100 birders over 10 stands, it can get a tad tedious at times.

The ground is not open for general practice shooting, I'm pretty sure they only shoot there once a month, on a Sunday.

Cat.

Edited by Catamong